Thank you for your interest in the PPHA Postpartum Doula Program!
We are accepting Postpartum Doula applications. Please read the following information and fill out the application at the bottom of the page. If you have questions, please contact Beth Thomas at email@example.com.
The PPHA Postpartum Doula Program provides low-income women who are experiencing postpartum depression, anxiety and/or OCD with 20 hours of free in-home care with a postpartum doula who is specially trained in working with Perinatal Mood or Anxiety Disorders (PMADs). Our studies have shown that 20 hours of work with a postpartum doula can significantly reduce the symptoms of PMADs and increase the quality of life for mother and baby.
Postpartum Doula Eligibility:
- Lives or works in Travis, Hays or Williamson County
- Completed an approved postpartum doula training (final certification not required)
- Postpartum Doulas must agree to support the Pregnancy and Postpartum Health Alliance of Texas (PPHA) by helping a minimum of two mothers, at 20 hours each (for a total of 40 hours) as a Postpartum Doula.
- Have attended the mandatory Postpartum Mood or Anxiety Disorder training held the beginning of each year.
- Attend quarterly meetings to discuss cases, receive feedback, and build community with other postpartum doulas in the program
- Complete all client paperwork on time and return to program coordinator promptly
- Provide high quality, non-judgmental care in a confidential and respectful manner
- Compensation is $15 per hour, for a total of $300 per mom served
Thank you for your interest in the Pregnancy and Postpartum Health Alliance of Texas. Together, we will create a community in which all women receive the support they need during pregnancy and the postpartum period.