2017-2018 Postpartum Doula Scholarship Program
The Pregnancy and Postpartum Heath Alliance of Texas celebrates the impact that Postpartum Doulas can have on a mother’s recovery from Peripartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMAD). PPHA is dedicated to increasing the number of Postpartum Doulas helping mothers in our local community by offering scholarships that cover the costs of Postpartum Doula training. This training will include an intensive course on PMADs and will empower Doulas to offer sensitive, knowledgeable care to women in need. After completion of training, scholarship recipients will volunteer with two clients in the PPHA Postpartum Doula Program for a total of 40 hours. Scholarship recipients will also be granted an honorary position on the PPHA Advisory Board and will attend three Board meetings per year.
- Must live/work in the greater Austin area.
- Must be willing to fulfill all training and responsibilities (see below).
- Training is provided by Allison Coleman at Austin Baby Guru (ABG).
- Attend the Infant Safety Class, Breastfeeding Basics, and Newborn Care classes offered by ABG.
- Read 9 books (list of choices provided by ABG).
- Complete a CPR class (cost NOT covered by scholarship).
- Attend Training Kick-off November 4th, 2017.
- Attend PMAD 101 training on January 20th, 2018.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation on February 23rd, 2018.
- Complete all training requirements by February 23rd, 2018.
- Attend three PPHA Board meetings per year.
- Volunteer for 40 hours in the PPHA Postpartum Doula Program within March-December, 2018.
- August 1st, 2017: Applications accepted
- September 30th, 2017: All applications due
- October 23rd, 2017: Scholarship winners announced
- November 4th, 2017: Doula Kick-off Training with Allison Coleman
- January 20th, 2018: PMAD 101 and Doula Toolbox training
- February 23rd, 2018: Volunteer Orientation. All training must be complete
Please complete the 2017 Scholarship Application between August 1, 2017 and September 30th, 2017 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may contact Beth with any questions at email@example.com or (512) 590-1853.